Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Creative Commons

I've just discovered Creative Commons. This is a free search engine that filters copyrighted products. You can use the search engine just like any search engine and what is brought up are materials that can be used without fear of copyright infringement.

I found the following image by completing a Creative Commons search for computer classrooms. This is an image that I could potentially show my students of what a computer lab would look like in a college setting. I would ask them to compare/contrast our computer lab to the lab in the image.  I could also ask the students what they like about this lab compared to ours.  Our school district is considering technology update and it would be interesting to see what the students would like to see updated in our lab compared to the adults.   



Photo Attribution:
Original image: "Desktop PCs Warwick"
File:Computer lab showing desktop PCs warwick.jpg
User:Emijrp/Commons/es/10
By:User:Mike1024
Released under Public Domain.

This is an image I took of Alcatraz in May of 2009.  I added it to my flicker account and created a creative commons copyright. 

1 comment:

SMWright said...

Loved the idea of giving students a voice as to how they would like their computer lab to look. Wouldn't it be great if their thoughts, suggestions and opinions could be shared with your school district's administration.